QuickBooks is the most downloaded Accounting and Inventory management software for small and mid-sized business owners. It is a state of the art software with powerful tools and features. In some cases, the QuickBooks users run into errors and issues like QuickBooks Won’t Open. In this article, we will cover all aspects and solutions of the QuickBooks won’t open issue. You can also call on the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-477-0210 and get QuickBooks Experts to fix the issue for you.
Mostly, the QB users who are facing the catch-22 issue face the problem of QuickBooks won’t open. They also try to restore a backup file in their QB but fail to do so.
But do not panic as this problem can be completely solved by following some simple steps of troubleshooting. Firstly, you must understand exactly what causes the QB won’t open issue.
Why QuickBooks Is Not Opening?
- The QBWUSER.INI file is either damaged or missing.
- There is corruption or damage to your hard drive or storage device.
- The program file has damage on it.
- You are using an expired or outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The Windows operating system that you are using is damaged.
- You have given a very long name to your QuickBooks Company file.
Error Opening Company File – How to Fix it?
- Go to your desktop and look for the QuickBooks launch icon but do not click on it.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key while you are launching your QuickBooks.
- This will directly open the No Company Window on your screen.
- Now, click on “Open or restore an existing company”.
- Restore a backup file.
- Make sure that your computer system meets the minimum system requirements.
- Restart your computer and also temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Now, look for the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it.
- Choose Rename from the menu and change the file name.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Do a clean install of QuickBooks.
- Change the location of your QuickBooks Company file.
- Now, open your control panel and create a new user account on your computer system.
- Open and run the QuickBooks Component Repair tool on your computer.
- You can also try to open a sample company file. In case, the sample company file does not open, your QuickBooks installation is not working.
- Now, attempt to open the QuickBooks Company file from the same version of QuickBooks that previously opened it.
- Go to the properties window to check which version of QuickBooks was last used to open the file.
- Make sure that the problem lies within your Company file and not with the QuickBooks software before you start to troubleshoot the QuickBooks is not opening problem.
- Make sure that you are utilizing the latest version of QuickBooks on your computer system as it protects you from such unwanted situations which hamper your work.
- Make sure you are using a genuine Microsoft Windows operating system on your computer.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
You should implement all the steps which are given in this article for the desired result. In case, one solution does not fix the issue for you then move on to the next one. If nothing works and you are still encountering the problem, get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts as only they can resolve such complex problems. You can connect with the QuickBooks Experts via the USA QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number+1888-477-0210 or the QuickBooks Live Chat Support services.