Error 1920: QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start
This blog post includes steps which tell you how you can fix QuickBooks database installation error 1920. While installing the QB Desktop or some software update, you encounter the QuickBooks Error code 1920 and all the installation rolls back to its initial stage.
The Error 1920 arises since the QuickBooks Database Manager scans installed hard drives to get Company files so as to make a link to those documents. Since the service was not able to build a connection to them, it cannot begin properly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920?
- First of all, rename a QuickBooks Desktop Company File.
- To start with, start your QuickBooks Desktop software and open your company file on your screen.
- Now, open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard.
- Take note of the location of the company data file which you can find in the File Information window.
Note: When the filename is too long, then it is going to appear in a series of dots.
- Then, exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, browse to the location of this Company data file.
- For Windows 10, both 8.1 and 8 Users: Right-click that the Windows Start button and then choose File Explorer.
- For Windows 7 along with Vista Users: Right-click that the Windows Start button and then choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Then, right-click on the file to Rename it.
- Type in the new company file name and hit Enter.
Use Windows Explorer to find and rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of Windows
|Windows 10/8/7||Windows Vista|
|C:\Program Data\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Intuit|
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Data\CommonFiles\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
We hope that you were able to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 1920 on your computer. However, if you are still encountering the error 1920 on your screen, you can dial our QuickBooks Error Support Phone number +1-888-477-0210 to get help anytime.