QuickBooks Error 15215 is an upgrade error and it is categorized as a part of 15000 series errors. The QB Error 15215 usually appears on your monitor screen when you upgrade your Maintenance Update Releases of QuickBooks. The QB error 15215 comes with the following error message:
“Maintenance Release update error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.”
QuickBooks Accounting and Bookkeeping software is a great tool and benefits your business by streamlining and automating tasks like Payroll, Inventory, etc. In case, you are running into the QuickBooks Error Code 15215 while upgrading your QuickBooks, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-477-0210 and get instant help from the QuickBooks Experts.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
The QuickBooks Experts of 247techsupportnumber.com recommend the following steps for fixing the QB Error 15215:
Solution 1: Obtain The Digital Signature Certificate
The QB Error code 15000 appears because of the lost digital signature certificates. So to solve this error, you will need to set up the digital signature certification to get the upgrades successfully. To do so, follow the aforementioned steps:
- First of all, open the Windows Explorer by pressing on CTRL + E and then head to the folder C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Now, find the exe file and right-click on the file.
- Click on the Properties option in the drop-down list.
- In the Properties window, click on the Details tab.
- The Digital Signature Details window may appear on your display. Click on View Certificate button.
- Select the Install Certificate button and then continue clicking Next until you get the End button.
- Now, restart your computer.
Solution 2: Issues with Internet Explorer at General
In some instances, the default settings of Internet Explorer may also limit you from upgrading QuickBooks and trigger the error 15215 of QuickBooks. To solve this error, you’ll want to change the settings of Internet Explorer. To do so, follow the aforementioned steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Hit the Alt key on your keyboard for unhiding the menu bar.
- Head to the File menu and in the drop-down menu, click on Properties.
- From the Connection option, assess the number left of the bit encryption.
- In the case, the amount is less than 128 bit then it indicates that the Internet Explorer is not working and you need to upgrade it as soon as possible.
Last, you’ll need to change the Internet Explorer settings and be certain that the Internet connection is secure.
- First of all, open the Internet Explorer and tap on the Gear icon.
- A drop-down list will appear on your screen, click on Internet Options.
- Head to the Connection tab then tap on LAN Settings.
- Select the Automatically Detect Settings box and make sure that the Proxy Servers are unchecked.
- Choose to apply the adjustments and head to the Advanced tab.
- Select the SSL 2.0 along with SSL 3.0 boxes then check for the publisher’s certification.
- From the Advanced tab, then go to the bottom and verify that the TLS 1.2 Isn’t marked.
Solution 3: Configure The Firewall Settings
In rare cases, the firewall settings can hamper the QuickBooks upgrades. For moving forward with the upgrade, you want to manually reconfigure the firewall configurations of your PC. With this, you have to follow the aforementioned steps:
- The first step is to open the Control Panel
- Now, tap on the System and Security option.
- Select Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced Settings and emphasize that the Inbound Rules
- Select Inbound Rules and click on New Rule from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Rule type section, select Port.
- Choose TCP in the very first pair of radio programs (TCP is advised) and change the next radio button to “specific local ports.”
- You’ll have to bring these ports so as to fix the QuickBooks updating functions:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Be certain all of the ports are separated divided by a comma.
- Click Next.
- Select the Allow The Connection option within another window and click Next
- Select the network type if you would like to employ this rule.
- Type in a title into the rule and click End
- Follow the same steps for outbound rules.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Update Error 15215
The aforementioned solutions allow you to solve the QuickBooks Error 15215 manually. You can even follow the very same steps if you’re facing any other upgrade errors in your QuickBooks software.
In the case, the above-given steps did not work for you or if you need any help with the steps, get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 247techsupportnumber.com. We work round the clock to provide instant support services to QuickBooks Users all over the globe. Get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Department today!