Running a business is not an easy task and it becomes more complex when you are not using QuickBooks. It is a state of the art Accounting and Management software recommended by Bookkeepers and Accountants all over the world. One of the most common challenges that business owners have to face are Customer Refunds. In a recent survey, it was found that almost 9% of the goods/items purchased locally are returned. The percentage of items returned which were ordered online is significantly higher than the local. Customers return almost 30% of online orders. It does not matter if you are selling a product or service, you will have to create a system for processing customer refunds. QuickBooks users can easily automate the whole process by implementing some simple steps which we will provide in this article.
If you are facing any kind of difficulty with your QuickBooks in creating refunds, get instant Tech Support Services by dialing the 24/7 available QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1888-477-0210.
Steps For Recording A Customer Refund
- In case, one of your customers has requested for a refund, firstly, record it in your QuickBooks.
- Open your QuickBooks and click on the (+) icon. You can find it in the main menu along Refund Receipt.
- Go to the drop-down menu and select the customer for whom you want to initiate the refund process.
- Now, choose an appropriate payment method via which you want to transfer the refund amount. You will get all the options which you have set up like American Express, Cash, and Visa etc.
- Now, enter a particular amount which you want to refund to your customer.
- It is obvious that you will have to select the product or service for which the customer is asking a refund.
- If you have followed all the steps given above carefully, QuickBooks will automatically fill most of the fields with appropriate information about the refund. Verify that each of the fields contains correct information. If you think a field contains false information, click on it to change the data.
- In case, you are running a local business and want to refund the amount in Cash. Click on the Print Check button which you can find at the bottom of your screen. The other option is to save the refund receipt for the moment and you can print it later.
- Click on Save and Close.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support Services
We hope that you were able to create a refund for your customer. If you are struggling with any step or need to talk to us about the process, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-477-0210. You can visit our website for more informative articles. We are also available to provide you QuickBooks Training from our QuickBooks Chat Support service.