Are you encountering zero or incorrect balance when you are attempting to run a reconciliation report in your QuickBooks? Do not worry about it and simply call us on the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-477-0210 to get resolutions and solutions for all the QuickBooks Errors and issues that you may run into.
247techsupportnumber is the most notable source for getting QuickBooks step-by-step guides and articles for manually resolving errors. In this article, we are covering the Zero or Wrong Balance In QuickBooks Reconciliation Window issue in detail.
This may be occurring because of one of the below-given reasons:
- You entered no balance or zero balance when you were in the process of setting up the account.
- Otherwise, this error may pop-up if you have voided, deleted or changed the reconciled transaction.
- You are using a file which was converted from an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The data in your QuickBooks has damage or corruption.
As we said earlier, you can easily fix this issue. All you have to do is implement the steps that we have given in this article.
How To Correct A Zero Balance In QuickBooks?
If the reconciliation window is showing you Zero balance, follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and go to Company>Make General Journal Entries.
- Now, we will change the date here to the actual statement date of your account’s beginning balance.
- Click on the first field and select a suitable account from the menu.
- Click on Debt field and type in the correct opening balance.
- Select Opening Balance Equity in the second field.
- Finally, click on Save to save the newly made changes to your QuickBooks.
You must now run a mini reconciliation to resolve the beginning balance issue.
- You can do this by opening Banking and clicking on
- Now, select the account from the drop-down menu and type in the statement date so that it can be recorded in the journal entry.
- Now, click on the Continue
- Head to the Deposits and Credits and choose the appropriate journal entry.
- Click on Reconcile Now to start the mini reconciliation process.
- Wait for the process to get completed and check the balance and the transactions to see if the issue is fixed.
- If you find out that your reconciliation window has a positive balance, you must run another reconciliation report or contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
How To Fix Positive Balance In Reconciliation Report?
- Open your QuickBooks and login into your account.
- Now, go to Reports>Banking and click on Reconciliation Discrepancy.
- Go to the drop-down menu and click on the account.
- A list will show up on your desktop screen which will contain a list of all the transactions that have been modified or changed after the last report that you ran.
- Use this list to make sure that all the transactions match with your financial records.
- In case, you find any disparity in the records, make necessary changes or contact the QuickBooks Experts.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
To read more helpful articles like this go to our blog section and search for the topic. We have thousands of articles which cover all the features and tools of all QuickBooks versions (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant) and editions. You can call QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1-888-477-0210 to get assistance from the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. We look forward to helping you with all your QuickBooks Errors and issues.